TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Thursday 7 August 2014

I’M IN HEAVEN


Life (actually my husband) has just dealt me the most amazing hand. A trip to Europe you ask? Or exquisite jewels perhaps?

Au contraire, mes amies. It is a project, a sweet 47 year-old, 13- foot honey of a tiny trailer just waiting impatiently to be transformed into a little sleeping spot for extra guests at our cabin. Little does he know that I will also host fetching afternoon teas and after-dinner dessert parties and have the dreamiest naps inside its tiny confines. I will write the best blogs ever in there.

It all started a few years ago when I read about women who fix up these little beauties and take them on the road with organizations like “Sisters on the Fly” or set them up as little guest cottages or studios in their yards. I fell in love with their teeny shapes, and the aqua and pink appliances and the vintage fixings that made them tres adorable.

Two years ago I put two books on my Christmas list….Glamping by Mary Jane Butters and Sisters on the Fly by Irene Rawlings. I received both of them and have covered their pages with hungry drool.(now isn’t that a pretty picture?) 



I have secretly scoured Craigslist hunting for the perfect little specimen, while knowing it was just a fantasy, one that was unlikely to be shared by the guy with the money. A couple of weeks ago, as fate would have it, there was a vintage show in Lynden WA. just across the border from where I Iive. I read the info and discovered that there were going to be some of the little trailers making an appearance there. I coyly suggested an outing with his majesty, offering Edaleen Dairy’s ice cream and the honor of my accompaniment as a bribe. There were 8 little themed trailers and he loved them. Who knew? He thought they were way more expensive than they actually were so when I told him what I had seen online, he said we should get one. What? It was that easy?

We came down to the cabin last week and looked at 2 little gems and bought the second one. Here it is in all its unglory. It’s not beautiful yet but it has lovely bones and it’s going to be so cute, you are going to die!








Pinch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. You will have SO much fun! Enjoy. (enjoying the blog...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome. you'll enjoy sewing and decorating with all the built up ideas bursting forth. only problem you will have too many ideas to settle on just one theme. in a few years I can see several of these on your property while you set up your bed and breakfast. have fun ,3
    loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trailer is so adorable...even in the "before" pictures. I know you will transform it to such a beautiful "retreat" for yourself and guests. I am so happy for you to have a "cottage" and trailer" to display your incredible decorating talent. Can't wait to see both! Great chatting with you yesterday. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have so much fun creating this masterpiece, please post photos as you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your enthusiasm ladies. This is a dream come true! I have already bought paint, sewn curtains and pillows and ransacked my cupboards and antique booth for vintage items and that took only 2 days. I am on a roll. Bet you can guess my colour scheme.

    If only I had a bit more life in my years I would be all over the bed and breakfast idea!!!

    ReplyDelete