TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Saturday 16 August 2014

SNEAK PEEK


Uh-oh! I need another trailer.

 This one is just about done! 

Managed to get down to the cabin for a few days and do a 3-day blitz on the little vintage trailer project.

The biggest job was the painting but it made a huge difference, brightening things up. It took two days, with help from my daughter Feona. (she threatened me if I did not give her her just desserts.) Just to be clear I was wearing a turquoise top and red shoes and shorts. Feona wanted to take a pic but I was not properly coiffed, having eschewed the shower in favour of getting at it. We are both graduates of the 'get-er-done' school of industry which means we don't stop until it's finished even if it bout kills us! We have our own methods which differ from those of my husband. He wanted to make sure that I had washed the walls first (huh?) and peeked in several times to offer a drop cloth. We finally accepted and set the pacquet on the counter unopened.

The third day was spent sewing curtains and pillows and tucking in all the little things to Lucille it all up perty.

I still have plans to put in a black and white checked floor and paint the outside with a turquoise stripe    (natch!) and maybe recover the bench seats. 

Check here http://mslucille.blogspot.com/2014/08/im-in-heaven-life-actually-my-husband.html to refresh your memory, then have a drool at my pics.




































I painted the interior walls and ceiling white and the kitchen cupboards and the insides of all other cupboards red.

I made all the curtains except the 'bedroom' ones from 2 checked tablecloths the previous owner left behind and then lined them with a red and white polkadot fabric I scored for $4.17 a yard. They are reversible and I have already reversed some! The 'bedroom' ones are from a $1.00 thrift store pillowcase.

The 4 pillows for the benches cost me $8.99 for fabric and I used the pillows left behind in the trailer.
The pillow on the bed with the puppy is from a piece of needlepunch from a thrift store ($1.00) and the little one is from scraps from my fabric stash.



The duvet cover was $7.99 at Value Village and I had a quilt to put in it.

The teeny tiny bathroom (porta-potti for the real camping experience) had a little skinny door.....15" which made it hard to move around in there so I removed it and made a curtain from a tablecloth I had. (thrift store)

I bought the red coffee pot for $5.60 and the two plates for $1.00 at V.V. as well as the little turquoise chevy car ($3.20) which is also a phone!

I made the dictionray-red phone print for $.30. I will tell you how in another post. 

My big splurges were: sheets            Homesense    $19.99
                    furry turquoise throw (nap-worthy!)         Homesense     $24.99
                    signs, clock, cutlery tray, red button         Hobby Lobby half price
                                 Eat cake napkin  Homesense     $  2.99

Everything else is stuff I had. (I know, I know!).....red cutlery, mugs, recipe book (thanks nephew Josh), kitty tray, dress potholder, nightie and hanger, apron, tablecloth, strawberry jug, cream and sugar, cookie tin, turquoise pyrex, tiny lawn chair, turquoise vase, glasses and everthing else I have forgotten....all thrift store finds.

Hope you are inspired to transform a space on the cheap! It makes it way more fun! 




5 comments:

  1. My mom would have adored this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Cherilyn! I thought of her when I was doing it!

      Delete
  2. Love it, love it, love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish that I could have gone down to your "cottage" to see this new beautiful creation.... your new trailer. Looks so amazing. You truly are gifted in so many ways. Continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO you Marianne! No detail left uncoordinated ... and all of it fun! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete