TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Monday 25 August 2014

SEASONAL PSALM



My adorable grandson Jerod, looking fallish


It's changing season time again soon and it reminded me of this prayer God gave me all in an instant one day. 

Like me, you have probably found yourself in each of the seasons of life at one time or another. I am reminded that although my circumstances may change, God remains the same...constant, loving, in control.....and that gives me peace.


Lord Jesus,

            It is springtime in my life. You have awakened me from a long, cold, hard winter, dug around in the dark soil of my life and unearthed tiny green shoots, full of promise and hope. You have watered me with tears of joy, smiled on me with your pure warm sunshine. I am thanking you Jesus for this time and this space.


Lord Jesus,

            It is summertime in my heart. I am in full glorious bloom, alive with colour. My roots go down deeply, my arms stretch to the heavens. You have created beauty in me beyond my wildest dreams, shown favour to me, set me in a high place. My heart sings... O thank-you Jesus for this time and this space.


Lord Jesus,

            It is fall in my heart. Summer’s beauty is slipping away. It is getting darker now and I can feel the chill in the air. I fear for the cold, the death to come. I am stripped of my glory, but I trust in yours. And so I say.... Thank-you Jesus for this time and this space.


Lord Jesus,

            It is wintertime in my heart. I am frozen, paralyzed, buried by winter’s debris. There is no beauty here. Summer is a distant memory and I doubt the surety of spring. Here in the dark, I know one thing only. You share the dark with me. And though I don’t understand, I will say.... Thank-you Lord Jesus for this time and this space.


  O God of the seasons, O God of my life,
  May I trust in  your goodness, come joy or come strife.
  Enfold my heart, Lord, in your knowing embrace,
  Content in this space, O Lord, by your grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment