TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Saturday 27 September 2014

REAL TEARS




After 27 years of being a single Mom, I met someone 5 years ago.

The circumstances were somewhat unusual. I was happily content and not looking for a relationship.

One day, I was busy at my Tea Room when 3 people came in for lunch. They identified themselves as children of an elderly couple, now deceased that I had known for over 40 years. I had known of their children but had never met any of them. These children had known my ex-inlaws for over 50 years and had also known about me. (How strange is that?)

They were from out of town and had gone to the nursing home to visit my ex-mother-in-law. She told them about me, how I cared for her all those years and about my little store......so they decided to visit. She passed away 3 days later, so if they hadn't visited when they did, we may never have met! (People had often suggested that she was no longer my responsibility, but I loved her and she needed me and it was the right thing to do.)

Because of that serendipitous meeting, and several other 'chance' encounters I am now married to Art who was one of those Tea Room visitors. Once again God showed me how he rewards our faithfulness when we do what he asks us to do. 

I wrote the following poem for Art when we were finding each other.

Kleenex advisory....it's a gripper!

Real Tears


Real tears were cried in the course of today.
Eyes swimming,
 brimming.
Drops sliding,
 colliding.


Healing tears washed over me today.
Wound bathing,
 abrading.
Scars tracing,
 erasing.


Beautiful tears filled me up today.
Heart tended,
 watered,
Soul lavished,
 cherished.


Small sips at first today,
Testing the feel of love.
Showered,
 then empowered
 by love today.


Sweet tears……….
 Because of you.



Psalm 30:5 Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.
           

1 comment:

  1. Funny that I read this today, at my session last night we talked about what makes a single person whole and my contribution was to be happy and content with oneself, and when you are there, that is when your heart can be open to others, thanks for sharing again Marianne, its all starting to make sense :-)

    ReplyDelete