TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Wednesday 4 February 2015

A REAL GEM




Are you still out there?


 I just couldn't get it together til now.

(Unrelenting pain kills my brain cells I think)


But now I have something to say and I hope you give me a read.

(If you don't read any further, then please would you log onto my daughter Feona's new website  www.helpthegems.com ?




and make sure to read the blog on the site as well?)



My girl child turned 40 this month! 







Wha-a-a-a-a-a-a-t???????????????


Aside from  the unbelievability, me being on the youngish side myself, my primary feeling has been one of gratitude.... oh and pride....I'll get to that later.


The gratitude goes to Almighty God who allowed me:

the privilege of at last experiencing the joy of motherhood

for giving me strength, wisdom, provision, confidence as a single mom

for the opportunity to point her to Jesus

for the mutual respect, friendship, love and caring we experience

for sparing her life this past year.


But

 Who would have thought

that her heart would grow so big?

that years of heartache and loss would result in the blossoming of something so beautiful?

that she would be able to give voice to the groanings of her heart to establish a vehicle for others to catch her vision for broken children across the ocean

that she sees and knows what  people twice her age haven't even pondered for a moment in their self-focused lives



I am humbled,

I am proud.


When you look at your kids, and wonder

what influence you might have on them, 

what small, selfless little things you can do that they they might take note of,

 if your heartfelt prayers will make any difference

if your constancy and love will give them stability and wings.......


don't give up.


God works in their lives in ways we would never think of.

We would spare them the pain,

give them the world, tied with a ribbon

but 

He knows better;

that hard things bring clarity

propel us to where we would never have gone,

transplants his heart into ours.


Feona, I am so proud of you for answering God's call on your heart,

 for making a choice to make a difference.


You are a precious gem yourself, reflecting the beauty and love of God.


I can't wait to see what he does through you and "Help the Gems."






Like the stars of the morning
His brightness adorning
They shall shine in their beauty
Bright gems for his crown.

                                               Jewels




No comments:

Post a Comment