TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Monday 16 February 2015

IS IT SO WRONG?


I'm in a quandry.

I succumbed today to the cheery faces of some pink and yellow primulas.

I've seen them out front of stores for a few weeks now, but refused to plant any til the ones in my garden were blooming as well.

.........which they are. 

I drove twice past the garden centre sign that read...

PRIMULAS.....$.95

and then turned in

.....just for a peak mind you.

I was undone.

They whispered, then called me,

quite loudly, 

and then a dozen of them literally jumped into my arms and prevailed upon me to take them home.

How could I possibly say no? 




"Yes", I said. "I will take you home my little darlings. I will promenade you in my front window boxes. I will sprinkle you with rain water. Your perfume will waft over my garden, your frilly dresses adorn.....

or something like that..
.
It's hard to remember exactly...I was so taken.

I just know that when I got home, they were in the trunk of my car.


And the next thing I knew, they were smiling up at me from freshly-tilled dirt.


Oh,

 but back to the quandry.

You see,

I have friends in cold places.

If they wanted to check to see if their primulas were blooming they would have to remove six feet of snow,

that is if they dared to venture out in the sub, sub, sub zero temperatures.


So

is it mean-spirited to post pictures of my pretties?

Probably.

Would it be construed as excessive gloating?

Most likely.

Could they not try to see that I am proffering a glimmer of hope?

Not even a chance.


It's hard to be so misunderstood.



So.............

 don't look if it offends you

but feast your eyes if you'd like a little treat for your winter-weary eyes.










My mini-daffodils are just set to burst open and the hyacinths have big knobby buds, but the tulips will be a while yet. 

They are my spring favourites. I have hubby trained to pick up bunches at the local market to spring up my home and I love to give them as a little gift.




I take some wrapping paper and ribbon with me to the store so they look extra pretty, and I buy little gift books at the thrift store and cut out the cute pictures and embellish them to make sweet gift tags...tres thrifty.


I hope wherever you live that you will soon get to see the miracle of another spring unfurling. 

It always comes.....

eventually,

and perhaps sweeter for the long wait.













No comments:

Post a Comment