TO

VINTAGE FAITH FINDS MUSINGS KITCHEN PRETTIES CREATIONS

Wednesday 11 February 2015

I HEART CHOCOLATE


Well, I started out to make linzer cookies for Valentine's.....you know, the ones made with sugar-cookie dough and sandwiched together with raspberry jam.


We sold a at least a billion of these at the tearoom in days of yore


 But somewhere between the couch and the cupboard, they turned into chocolate sugar cookies. 

The dough for these is amazing. The recipe says ...chill the dough for an hour and then chill the cutout cookies on the tray before baking...yada, yada, yada,,,,,but of course I never do. And seriously, you don't need to. I rolled the dough out immediately on a plasticy thing, with no flour and it was a dream.


I even used a rubbery cookie cutter with no flour!


Once they were baked and in transit from the oven to the counter, hubby snatched one off the tray and declared them delish.

I  casually mentioned that I had been going to sandwich them with some of my homemade raspbery jam, but since he was on his New Year's austerity program  (he of the 150 lb. soaking-wet ilk....arg!!!) I guess I wouldn't.

He hesitated for a nano-second and suggested we try that.

We halved one and declared them very delish!

But then he mused....they would be good with something creamy inside.

Out came the buttercream frosting which had been languishing in my fridge for just such an emergency.

So I slathered on the icing, then the jam and we tried again. 

They were very, very delish, although he did say they could use more icing. 

I was quick to remedy the situation.



Was it wrong of me to then suggest chocolate drizzle on top?

I held back  (hand trembling, lips drooling) as I didn't want to deface the lovely design, but perhaps I could serve them with a side of hot fudge????



I packaged some up for my neighbours


Would you like to be my neighbour?


Here's the recipe.

Chocolate Sugar Cookies:

2 3/4 cups (355 grams) all purpose flour

3/4 cup (75 grams)  cocoa powder

1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder

1 cup (227 grams) butter, room temperature (or not... just beat the dickens out of it )

1 3/4 cups (350 grams) granulated white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla



Beat butter and sugar in mixer for 3-4 minutes, add eggs and vanilla, then dry ingredients til smoothish.

Roll out, cut and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350.



I made 24 large cookies or 12 sandwiches.

Serves 2

Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment